Warning: Creating default object from empty value in /data/web/virtuals/47278/virtual/www/domains/iknowfutures.org/community/community.iknowfutures.com/engine/lib/elgglib.php on line 1454
iKnow Community: Issues (WIWE)

The molecular age

Weak Signal submitted by Ivan Montenegro Perini   / Comments (0)
The molecular age

Issue (WIWE) status: Submitted, Unpublished

Weak Signal's progress: Advanced

This Weak Signal came from: 
Interviews

The source of this Weak Signal: 
Harold A. Linstone, "Portland State University", interviewed by "MIOIR"

Weak Signal's description: 

According to Harold A. Linstone: "We see it already in the USA you have efforts in Texas, for example, where the school boards are forcing the schools to use texts that include intelligent design as an alternative to evolution. Things like that. If the molecular age can bring this kind of conflict to the forefront it can threaten the separation of church and state. I am often puzzled when I read what some of these people are convinced of as it just seems so unbelievable to me, but this situation exists and it could get much more disturbing. I mentioned going back to another dark age because that would be the worst kind of situation but when you get these technological factors and these population growth factors and the inability to deal with the workforce to find enough jobs for people this is all interrelated, so this economic/political/religious interaction is I think to me one of the most negative things that I would see a major threat."

Really not interesting (0 Rates)